Any woman who loves dressing up will know the value of her nude lipsticks. Though the popular idea of nude lipstick is a color that matches your skin tone exactly, it is not precisely the right notion.
Nude lipsticks can be of different shades, and you have to choose the one that accentuates the color of your lips and skin tone the best.
Though it is one of the most fundamental parts of your makeup kit, not many of you may know the knack of choosing the right nude lipstick shade.
These tips may help you in the process:
- It would help if you chose a shade that is a tad darker than your natural skin color.
- Choose a bright nude lipstick if you have naturally pink lips and very light-shaded skin.
- Choose lipsticks that are correctly similar to your skin tone or lip color, if you don’t want others to know that you have applied lipstick.
There are quite a lot of nude lipsticks that are available in the stores today.
How do you choose the best from the lot?
This is where our review will guide you well. We have listed the five best nude lipsticks that you should try and also explained briefly about them so that you can make your decision easier.
1. Chanel Rouge Coco Hydrating Crème Lip Colour
Nude lipstick is one of the must-have items to make your fashion checklist complete. Nothing beats the charm of a simple nude lipstick that accentuates your skin tone and lip color.
While there are lots of brands of nude lipsticks for you to choose on various beauty sites and beauty shops, very few stand out because of their class, elegance, and style. One such lipstick is the Chanel Rouge Coco Hydrating Crème Lip Colour.
This range of lipsticks is long-lasting, and it keeps your lips hydrated. Currently, the Rouge Coco brand is available in 24 shades.
You don’t have to worry if you have sensitive skin; this lipstick contains three different types of vegetable waxes such as mimosa, jojoba, and sunflower hydrates.
You will love the shine and texture that you feel on your lips when you apply this lipstick because it is made up of silicone wax and silicone microbeads that make the lip color gel very well with your lip.
The nude range of lipsticks created by the Chanel Rouge Coco brand comes with a new formula, thanks to which they make your lips remain moisturized all day.
The shades are entirely neutral, and you can wear them to the office or to anywhere you want without any hesitation.
Regardless of your skin tone, you are bound to find some nude shade or the other in this brand that suits you the best.
- Considered as one of the best nude lipstick shades by most of the women who are fussy about their makeup products.
- It comes with a new formula that ensures that your skin remains hydrated all day long.
- Made from natural vegetable waxes; therefore doesn’t cause any irritation on your lips.
- It comes in over 20 colors, so you will find a huge variety to pick and choose from, based on your skin tone and lip color.
- Quite costly, a tad more expensive than most of its counterparts.
- While the range of nudes is quite impressive, it would have been better if the brand had introduced more of beige-pink nudes.
Why You Should Buy It Now
2. Tom Ford Lip Colour Twist Of Fate
If you are looking for a nude lipstick that will not only remain on your lips for a long time but will also hide on your signs of aging, if any, the Twist of Fate shade lipstick from Tom Ford is an excellent choice for you. Whoever named it, has named it right!
Yes, applying this can make you look beautiful and many years younger than your actual age. The saturated coral color in the satin finish is a unique combination, though the color is one of the most common that you will ever find.
The major highlights of this `lipstick are that it comes with a moisturizing element with additional non-slippery texture to your lips.
When you get an awesome lipstick like this one from the luxury brand of Tom Ford, it becomes very difficult to resist this one. It is not without reason that the Twist of Fate series got sold out within a few days of its launch.
This lipstick from Tom Ford is far less opaque than most of the other nudes that you will find in the market, but it makes your lips look quite fresh and luminous, a feature that you may not experience with other brands. This one is quite costly, but it is worth every penny that you spend on it.
- Luxury personified nude lipstick with its fresh and luminous touch on your lips.
- It comes with a natural moisturizing element and non-slippery texture, which ensures that the lip color stays on your lip all through the day.
- Very steeply-priced.
Why You Should Buy It Now
3. Dior Rouge Dior Nude 169
The number 169 refers to the Grege shade of the nude lipstick range from the stables of the luxury brand, Dior. Like most of the other luxury nude shades, this one too comes at a steep price.
However, this is one of the most preferred makeup products for women of all ages because it is elegant, and the color is one of the best in the MLBB (My Lips But Better) range.
You might be a tad disappointed if you expected this Dior Nude Range of lipstick to remain on your lips for many hours.
It does remain intact for about 2 to 3 hours, after which, it does need a retouch for the lipstick to last all day long, on your lips.
One of the best things about Greg and all other nude shades from this brand is that it is effortless to use, and you can use it every day to work.
You may love this shade if you have brown eyes because this lip color has that uncanny knack of accentuating your eyes and skin better than ever.
Due to the creamy, satin texture of this lip shade, your lips look full and astonishing immediately after the application of this lipstick.
- It comes with a definite creamy and satin texture that is hard to miss.
- It comes in a rare Grege shade that you might not find in other brands.
- Became a reputed name after the Academy Award Winning Actress, Natalie Portman endorsed it.
- For a sheer lip product, this lipstick provides excellent results.
- It comes with an excellent aroma that is a characteristic feature in all Dior shades.
- Very steeply-priced, which doesn’t make it suitable for all women.
- It would have better if the nomenclature were in the form of shades instead of numbers.
- Needs retouch for about three times a day because the lip color lasts for only about 2 to 3 hours.
Why You Should Buy It Now
4. Burt’s Bees 100% Natural Moisturising Lipstick, Nile Nude
If you are looking for a nude lipstick that is not only hydrating but also natural, you should try the natural nudes from the brand of Burt’s Bees.
The additional benefit that you get when you enjoy this brand is that it comes at an attractive price range. There are quite of nudes that are launched from the Burt’s Bees brand, but the Nile Nude is the lightest of them all.
The nude lipsticks from this brand are made up of 100% natural moisturizing agents such as raspberry seed oils, Vitamin E, Beeswax, and Moringa.
These agents give day-long moisture and softness to your lips. This is indeed good news for people who use only organic and natural beauty products.
When you buy any cosmetics, you should know what constitutes your makeup products, so that you can understand if they are natural or not. With this Nile Nude lipstick shade of Burt’s Bees, you have nothing to worry about.
They are quite long-lasting, as they stay on your lips for almost 8 hours, completely keeping them moisturized all through the day.
This pinky nude shade has a very creamy texture and doesn’t come with any shimmer. Due to this, this lipstick suits people with chapped lips, too.
- 100% Natural and Safe for the lips; you can use it without any worry, even if your lips are very dry or sensitive.
- Long-lasting as the moisture, and texture stays in your lips for about 8 hours.
- It comes with a very smooth, satin finish with a creamy texture, thereby making your lips fuller and softer than before.
- Priced very attractively, which is quite a steal when compared to the other products on this list.
- May cause lumps on your lips after the color has dried out.
- Buying online may not give you a pleasant experience as you may get a different shade than the Nile Nude.
Why You Should Buy It Now
5. Revlon Colorburst Lipstick, Soft Nude
If you are looking for a guide to choose your beauty products, the first rule that will come across to have a nude lipstick in your makeup kit because nude shades can be worn with any dress and for any occasion.
While there are quite a few nude shades in the market, some like the Revlon ColorBurst Soft Nude, stand apart because of their excellent packaging and innovative design.
Like most of the other nude shades from Revlon, the Soft Nude contains moisturizers and antioxidants such as Sweet Almond Oil to improve the texture of your lips upon application.
As soon as you apply this shade once, you will notice a phenomenal improvement in the fullness of your lips, thanks to the innovative pigmentation technology that this and all the Revlon lipstick shades are equipped with.
A significant highlight of this nude shade of lip color from Revlon is that it contains film-forming polymers that ensure that the color doesn’t damage your skin even when you use it for a long time.
- Very reasonably priced.
- It comes with long-lasting and food-proof colors.
- It contains natural moisturizers such as sweet almond oil, shea butter, and Vitamins.
- It has a significant impact on one swipe because of the innovative pigmentation technology.
- Soft Nude shade is not as readily available as the other shades because Revlon has stopped manufacturing it for some years now.
- May not give the desired impact on people with dark skin tones.
Why You Should Buy It Now
Before choosing nude lipsticks, ensure that you read about them on the Internet. This way, you will understand more about their ingredients and the skin tones that they are compatible with.
Also, have a clear idea of the budget you can allocate for these nudes, as this will help you look for options in that price range only.
We hope, after reading this, you will choose natural, long-lasting nude lipsticks that accentuate your lips to the best extent possible.